Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Is it still Fall?

This has been an interesting fall so far. It has already snowed four inches. Today there was a little sleet and the leaves have only just begun to fall from the trees. A taste of an early winter is helping me to appreciate every morsel of fall that I can get. It's also going to help me get all the garden chores done quickly this weekend before it's too late! It's a little sad to see the annuals and vegetables die, but there is something to be said for getting a little rest from the garden for awhile. I hope you will be able to enjoy some of your favorite fall activities before winter weather takes over. Check out an aspen leaf painting by my wife if you need a reminder of fall.

"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."
- Eric Sloane

No comments:

Post a Comment